USD 456 - Marais des Cygnes Valley Community,
With the rising rate of COVID-19 in our area and the updating guidance from the federal, state, and local level, the need for clarification on district COVID-19 practices has become apparent.
Therefore, at this time, the district is conducting its COVID-19 response as such:
- The district asks families to continue to vigorously monitor their students for signs of COVID-19 and to keep them home when sick.
- If your student is symptomatic, your student can be tested with a district-provided diagnostic test.
- If your student is tested by an outside agency and results return positive, please notify the school as soon as possible.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 through school district testing will be referred to the Osage County Health Department for next steps.
- Potential close contacts of positive COVID-19 cases will only be identified and notified as conducted or directed by the Osage County Health Department.
- If identified as a close contact by the Osage County Health Department, the district will still utilize its "Test to Stay Plan" during the duration of the quarantine.
Thank you to all for their assistance, understanding, and appreciation during this unprecedented event.
Questions? Please call the district office at 785-549-3521.